[Rhodes22-list] Huh, ..., and attachments

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Thu Feb 17 13:21:05 EST 2005

Ed,

I have tried repeatedly to contact the recruiter, he's never at his deck and
doesn't return my phone calls or e-mails.  Clearly, I'm being purposely
avoided now that there is no hope of the recruiter earning a commision off
of me.  I have put headhunters into the same sleazy category as used car
salesmen for some time now.

I have been substitute teaching grades K-12, all subjects including special
ed, in every school system with a 40 mile radius for the last 3 months.

Substitute teaching works out OK.  I usually teach 2-3 times per week, it
doesn't interfere with job searching or interview trips, and I wouldn't have
to give any notice to take a job assuming I could ever get one.

At $70-$80 gross per day, it's better than nothing.  Actually, with my
experience with children as a Boy Scout leader, it's really quite easy.
Just never take anything they say or do personally and never let the class
get out of control.  There are no lesson plans to do, no homework or tests
to correct, no MEAP test results to account for, and at 3:00 PM you get to
leave.  You never get personally involved with any of the classes because
you're not even there long enough to learn all their names.

If I wanted to be a teacher; then, I'd have become a teacher.  Why is it so
hard for you to understand that I am an engineer and feel like I'm wasting
my time in the front of a classroom?

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium