[Rhodes22-list] FW: [chesapeakebay] PFD/Gear Recommendations

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 19 09:21:26 EST 2005

Brad,

Just one MORE reason why I avoid flying like the plague anymore. Those
people just cannot figure out who is on their side.

Give a badge to a chimp and right away he turns into a 900 lb gorilla.

Had to laugh, a couple years ago, after this stuff started to tighten
up, I took a flight somewhere. I had lost one of my pocket knives and
though I looked through all the pockets of my carry-on bag I didn't see
it in there. We went through all the security at the front gate, and I
was even picked out to have the "special" search at the boarding gate.
(guess I must fit some terrorist profile, you know, white, 50ish, from
Long Prairie, MN a hotbed of terrorist activity) After all that feeling
around, x-raying and metal detector waving, Lo and behold, I get where
I'm going and find my missing pocket knife in one of the pockets of my
bag. Gosh darn, I could have hijacked that plane to Cuba and I missed my
chance. :-) :-) BUT, so much for the competence of those security personel.

Rik