[Rhodes22-list] OK, a line question

benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Mon Feb 21 17:26:53 EST 2005

   I've recently been neglectful of both my web site and my sailing.
   I've been trying to wrap up work stuff because my sailing weather is
   about to be perfect for the next few months.

   I did do my post on the Cutco.  Like I mentioned, it's more about the
   shopping experience than the product itself.  I gave the knife as a
   gift, but yes, is was sharp as a razor.  My father in law is using it
   around his farm, so I'll get a report on how well it holds up in a few
   months.
   [1]http://www.theskinnyonbenny.com/blog/archives/00000094.php
   Thanks for checking on me. :-)

   On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:03 , ed kroposki <ekroposki at charter.net> sent:

     Ron,
     For what it is worth, Stan gets his line on huge rolls. I have
     never seen a store that sells line like the one he sells for the
     Genoa. I
     have seen thick white and black. However, they have a very
     different feel
     to the hand. They are either too stiff or too limp.
     Consider sending a check to Stan and you will get Blue in the right
     length. Since you are in Chicago, he might even be willing to send
     it to
     you, rather than making go come to Edenton.
     The original Blue has a good feel for many years. Its thickness
     helps. Contact Stanley's Line works.
     If you insist on dealing with somebody else, try Layline
     [2]http://www.layline.com/home.asp, just up the road from Stan.
     Even if you
     get the line from Stan, checkout Layline, they have several unique
     products.
     Have you gotten copies of the cordage companies' product lines at
     the boat shows? [3]http://www.samsonrope.com/home/newindex.cfm
     [4]http://www.yalecordage.com/
     [5]http://www.marlowropes.com/offshore/constructions.htm
     Ben, are you still counting sites? I am still waiting on that knife
     report.
     Did you ever buy it?
     Ed k
     Greenville, SC, USA