[Rhodes22-list] New Orleans Flood control problems

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Sep 1 13:13:35 EDT 2005

  Why should people
> in Minnesota have to pay for flood control in New Orleans?

I think we Minnesotans can do SOMETHING.  For one thing, N.O. is one of the
main shipping ports in the country and we benefit in many ways.  Also,
Minneapolis/St. Paul are Mississippi River towns and we get commercial boats
from N.O. all the time.  And why should Louisianans have to pay for a
flooding Mississippi caused by our snow every year?  States don't live in a
vacuum.

Slim