[Rhodes22-list] Gas Tanks, Vents, and Carburetors

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue May 2 10:16:24 EDT 2006

Rik,
I didn't suggest that an engine is going to blow up from a few drops of
moisture in the tank. It may make it hard to start and cause rough operation. As
it turned out this was a case of a lot of moisture in the tank. We drained
what  gas remained in the tank into a large glass jar. The jar was about two
thirds  full with liquid and the bottom third was all water. We never found out
how the  water entered the tank, but it was clear why the motor was destroyed.
My point was simply that water in the gas is not a good thing. It can cause
a lot of bad things to happen.

Rummy