[Rhodes22-list] Captain Peter Thorn - Champion Sailboat Racer

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Wed May 3 10:05:48 EDT 2006

Dave,
you have the correct model number.  I had the same motor before I threw it
in the trash (long story).  I bought the motor off of eBay and it arrived
and the throttle handle was broken and the lower unit had leaked.  When I
drained it, out came fluid that looked like chocolate milk.  I bought a
manual from Yamaha.  Cost about $30.  I think I threw the manual away (with
the motor) or else I'd give it to you.  But you can look at the manuals at
their web site

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/service/viewmanuals/viewmanuals.aspx?ls=outboard

I believe my FT9.9XEF was a 1999 model.  you might have to hunt around a bit
to find the correct one, but really, I don't think there is a whole lot
difference between them.

Rob Lowe
S/V Getaway