[Rhodes22-list] WTF?

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Fri May 12 21:24:39 EDT 2006

Yeah, that’s what we’re told now.  Earlier we were told only incoming  and
outgoing calls to known or suspected terrorists were monitored, and earlier
than that we were assured it didn’t happen at all.  The truth seems to  evolve
over time with these guys.

As for monitoring patterns of calls, stay tuned; you’re going to find out
they are actively monitoring calls and  Emails; it’s the only thing that  makes
sense from an intelligence  perspective.

Seems to me that this is at best a phenomenal waste of time and money and a
violation of the spirit and letter of the law.  I mean, they are  blindly
monitoring 350 million citizens  and taxpayers with the goal  of finding the 10,
20, or 100 people who may or may not be a threat - is this  looking for the
proverbial needle in a haystack or what? This strikes me as the  kind of thing
government agencies do when they have too much money and  don’t know what to do
with it.  As long a I obey the letter and spirit of  the law they should butt
out of my affairs - statistically and every other  way.

Dave