[Rhodes22-list] WTF? The camel's nose

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Sat May 13 00:27:09 EDT 2006

Jim Bunnell wrote:
> As usual, the media are reporting in a misleading way to get the most
> headlines out of the story. What is being recorded are the NUMBERS
> that call other numbers, not the conversations...

the camel's nose is entering the tent.

It's still a fishing expedition.  And I don't
care if 80% of Americans like the idea.

We have still not considered or passed a
constitutional ammendment that authorizes this.
Our non-confrontational (not to say cowardly)
congress has tried to bypass that step, and I
don't buy it.

It's my privacy that's on the line.  Where can
I opt out?

And don't tell me that I can leave if I don't
like it.  I've paid my dues.  I do not deserve
to be treated as a prospective terrorist for
the convenience of the government.

/Robert