[Rhodes22-list] Brad: e-bay boat hull #

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Wed May 17 23:15:23 EDT 2006

$ 100.00

Todd T.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hank
  To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list"
  Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Brad: e-bay boat hull #
  Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 22:22:20 -0400

  Art,

  That is partially true. I'm not sure if you understand how ebay works
  so
  let me give an example of that.

  Let's say you want the item and your will to pay 50 for it. the
  current bid
  is 20. So you put in your bid for 50. Now the bid doesn't go straight
  up to
  50, it goes to 21. If someone else comes along and bids 25, then your
  bid
  goes up to 26. If another person comes along and bids 45, then your
  bid
  goes to 46. If someone bids 50, then your bid goes to 50 and you are
  the
  high bidder as your 50 bid was first. If someone bids 51, then you
  are no
  longer the high bidder.

  Using your example. Let's say the current bid is 6400 and you're
  willing to
  pay 7000. If the current high bidder has a maximum bid of 6900, then
  when
  ezsniper bids your 7000, you will when with 6901, not 7000. On higher
  priced items, the increments are larger so it could be increments of
  50 or
  100 instead of 1.

  Hank