[Rhodes22-list] alternative energy & a rant...

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu May 18 20:05:19 EDT 2006

Bob,

Thanks for the rant.

We hope Bush is monitoring your every move, as per your wish.  Be  warned
though, after your rant he’s going to be inquiring as to what you’ve been
smoking and drinking - it’s his right to know, ask him.

Your concerns about our not taking advantage of our outer continental shelf
resources, arctic resources , building refining capacity, etc are on the
mark.  And who is the individual in these United States that could slap the  table
and say “do it now” - absolutely right, it’s Hillary Clinton.   Hillary is
holding things up, blame Hillary for the government's inaction, it's  all part
of a sinister plot.

What person, what party, could de facto restart the nuclear power  industry,
authorize - even fund -plants in 60 days, do whatever needs to be done  in the
national interest?   Maybe, your thought is Hillary  and the Whig party?  I
mean, the Republicans are and have been  the majority party in the House and
Senate, they control the White House,  they’ve appointed most of the Supreme
Court Justices - that is not enough  to get the job done?  You think the
Republican Congress and  Administration are just helpless pawns in this process, that
they lack some  power?

And clearly you’re right it’s those damned liberals letting opinions
interfere with the real facts and that’s why “we”  are not hearing the  "real"
reason why gas prices are so high.  The NY Times is colluding  with the Wall
Street Journal to impede the free flow of news - what a  concept!  Ah yes, and they
are doing it at the behest of Hillary  Clinton.  Blame Hillary, or if that
won't work, blame Bill!

Finally, you come down on the Congress.  Which party controls the  Congress?
Which Party controls the White House?  Who has the  responsibility to get the
job done if it means drilling in the Arctic or  off-shore, or building power
plants and refineries?  No Bob, it's not the  Whigs, and it's not Hillary,
it's the Republican House and Senate that are  holding hearings and otherwise
posturing, and it's the Republican Administration  (George Bush) that's so far
behind the power curve on energy issues it's  ridiculous.

Enjoy France.  Will you get any sailing in over there?

DaveL