[Rhodes22-list] Project boats and technical questions

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun May 21 09:22:06 EDT 2006

With the revival of interest in the Gulf Coast project boat, I have
technical questions.

First any boat can be rebuilt; it is just a question of cost, skills,
manpower and equipment.  So, it just how much this project would cost, how
long it would take, etc.

Can the hull and deck be separated on a Rhodes 22 without destroying either?
I suspect that in addition to the screws under the rub rail that there is
glue, probably 5200, is this correct?

Here is specific question for those who have or are rebuilding a Rhodes 22.
Are there or is there wood or plywood between the cockpit floor and the
marine foam.  Or is the foam direct to the cockpit floor.

I think I know the answers to these questions, but would be interested in
feed back.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  Yes I got on the lake yesterday, then the thundershowers arrive.
Looks like more of the same today.  While I was in the cabin waiting for the
storm to fade, the weather radio had a warning of potential gust to 60.
Just a bit too much for me.