[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Questions

Bud budconnor at earthlink.net
Sun May 21 16:35:42 EDT 2006

>- I’ve had a little difficulty getting the head sail from one side to the
>other when tacking.  It will  hang up on the  spreaders/turnbuckles.  Is that
>just an art I have yet to master, or is  there some trick?  For example, should
>I recover part of the head sail on  the roller furler before pulling the head
>sail sheets to move the sail from one  side of the boat to the other?  Should
>I tape the turnbuckles to minimize  hang ups?  Turnbuckle covers?  What works?

You may want to get the 6' cable covers that look like white soda straws
from West Marine, I think they are about a buck or two,
and I think the size you want is 1/8".  They will help keep your
headsail clean, as your cables tend to collect grime over time.
Also, the cable covers will help extend the life of your headsail, as
they are smoother than raw cable.

-Bud