[Rhodes22-list] Dave And Dave...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue May 23 05:15:23 EDT 2006

1.  On my stay covers each part turns independently of the other and turns
freely.  The purpose of the covers was not to protect the strouds but to
protect the sail.  I suggest you ask Stan about the effects of abrasion on
Genoas.  The covers from WM that wrap around do not freely turn.

2.  Stan has provided you with one place to attach a security device (cable,
chain, whatever) at the eye bolt on the back of the boat.  I use a second
cable to the lateral rail base.  Bill's example of a Fulton motor lock is
also a good neat deterent, but does not keep the motor from falling into the
water.  My boat stays in a slip bow toward the dock.  Motor thieves do not
walk down a dock stealing motors but most often come in the night by boat.
Who lost the motor last year?  How was it stolen?  But I also know that two
devices will not stop a determined thief.

3.  The hole in the cockpit floor is a standard RV sized device.  They make
rubber things that fit into the sockets for the purpose you have described.
Look at your fancy power boat supply places.  I have never gotten one.  I
just towel the water out if I want things dry.

Ed K
Greenville, SC USA