[Rhodes22-list] Tax Advice? 401k's

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Nov 12 21:00:04 EST 2006

Rik,
Rebates, oh yeah, the check is in the mail. My money is better off in my
pocket than having to wait for the Fed's to return my money to me.
I went through this with the IRS years ago. They kept trying to put me in
jail, take over my bank accounts and seize my house because I refused to make
quarterly payments.(Self employed) My income is so sporadic and  unpredictable
that I would always be overpaying or underpaying and thus receive  penalty's.
So, I stopped making the quarterly payments and took a one time  (annually)
penalty of $75.00 every time I filled out my tax forms.
I won't go into the five years of fighting the IRS and the attorney's that
had no back bone that I fired. I eventually took the IRS on by myself, ended up
 in arbitration and won. Saved myself a ton in attorney's fees, learned a lot
 about the tax codes and wiped out almost $30,000 the IRS was trying to get
from  me in penalty's and fines. Needless to say my wife thought I was crazy
and  begged me to just pay them off. All of my friends and family thought I
should  cave in as well. It was not a pleasant time in my life. Rebates? Yeah,
right......you will never see that money.

Rummy