[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bahama Adventure - Day 1 (The Crossing)

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 1 09:25:22 EDT 2006

Mike,

The gulf stream is warmer but that far south it is not 10 degrees. We
cruised from South Florida to NC last summer and spent 4 days and 3 nights
in the gulf stream. We never checked temp but prior to leaving I printed
some thermal imaging "charts" from NOAA to give us a better idea of exact
location of stream. It showed up clear as day on these sat photos. Besides
the temp difference the gulf stream water is actually a different color. A
very bright aqua blue compared to the greenish blue outside the gulf stream.

Wally