[Rhodes22-list] Outboard size

Gregg J. MacMillan gjm at techgra.com
Thu Oct 12 13:02:51 EDT 2006

   At 8:02 PM -0500 10/11/06, Todd Tavares wrote:

     All,

     I have read somewhere that outboards are usually rated at 9.9 hp to
     keep them under 10 hp, but I can not remember why.  Can someone
     refresh my memory?

   In Ohio, any outboard 10hp or greater neads to be titled or licensed.

   --Gregg

   ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

   Titling of Watercraft & Outboard Motors
   (ORC 1548.03 & 1548.01)
   No person is permitted to sell, purchase or otherwise acquire any of
   the following without a certificate of title:
   an outboard motor of 10 horsepower or greater;
   a watercraft 14 feet or greater in length;

   a watercraft less than 14 feet in length with a permanently affixed
   mechanical means of propulsion of 10 horsepower or greater.

--

   T e c h n e G r a p h i c s, I n c.

   1 . 8 0 0 . 7 7 1 . 3 1 7 1

   2002 Ford Circle, Milford, OH  45150