[Rhodes22-list]

Tatflies at cs.com Tatflies at cs.com
Sun Oct 15 21:25:37 EDT 2006

Although, this is nothing like Stan's great adventure, I pulled my boat today
and finally got to try my new GB mast crane!

I went very slow through the procedure as to avoid mistakes. The only problem
came as the mast began on its downward path, the screws that fasten the mast
step to the deck decided to pull out. Fortunately I was able to stop the
motion long enough to secure the base of the mast and the mast step with an
abundance of lines sheeted to almost every securing point on the boat. With the base
secured, the rest of the lowering went well.

It appears as though  I will have some moisture (and rotten wood) issues to
deal with this winter. Otherwise, the tow home from Madison to Burlington, IL
went smoothly.

And it's now time for a cold beer (or maybe a little rum and coke 8:D ).

Cheers!

Tom Trenkle