[Rhodes22-list] Off season storage costs

anima13 anima13 at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 17 09:47:38 EDT 2006

Slim,
I am not in favor of shrink wrap. Even in Minnesota you have
very warm few days here and there. I believe that causes
more problems with accumulation of condensation, etc. Here it
is 28-33 degrees for a few weeks then a week of 60-65 degrees.
Bad for shrink wrap.
I am not even in favor of tarps.
People here leave those "WalMart biminis" over their boats and
leave for home that is 3-5 hours away and never return for the
winter. Those things flap away all season and damage more than
they protect.
I am at the marina all winter. My racing partner is head of "Boat works".
We are always working on a project. We rescue more boats from
their neighbors' tarps! Eventually those tarps shred and flap
something on its own boat. Serves 'em right.
Anne
Face it, you will HAVE to buff and wax the boat in the spring
no matter what! It is the rite of spring if you ask me.