[Rhodes22-list] Off season storage costs

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 17 21:54:08 EDT 2006

I have been storing my boat in my backyard which is protected from
the wind by small hills on either side.  This year my trailer is in too
bad shape to trust on the road so I decided to store the boat in a
yard.  I have the option of leaving he mast up and covering the cockpit
or lowering the mast, using it as a ridgepole and using my usual tarps.
What is the disadvantage of leaving the mast up?  The genoa would be
exposed all winter but the main is rolled into the mast and is
reasonably
well protected.

Ron