[Rhodes22-list] Height of a Trailered Boat

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Tue Oct 17 20:21:18 EDT 2006

Thanks Tom,
I think if your building a building to store the Rhodes in , a twelve foot
door is going to be sort of pricey.I'm hoping to build one,but I'm planning
to lower the mast to the stern rail before backing into it. That should save
about three feet in the height of the door and the height of the building. A
husband and wife team with a 8 foot stepladder,should be able to lower the
mast from the carrier to the stern rail by first untying the lines to the
stern cleats,then the man goes up the ladder and shoulders the mast and
lifts it up far enough for the wife to raise and slip the mast carrier off
the back of the boat.Then he steps down the ladder until the mast rests on
the stern rail.

Jerry Lowe