[Rhodes22-list] Off season storage costs

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Oct 17 11:21:27 EDT 2006

I also seldom agree 100% with anyone and I'm not about to change my ways.
The tarp can serve a good purpose if you are storing you boat outside and live
in a northern snow area. Leaves and snow can accumulate and clog the drains in
 the cockpit and also on the seats. This can allow an enormous amount of snow
and  water to collect and could eventually find its way into the cabin. Cheap
blue  tarps won't last the winter so make sure you buy a good quality tarp.
They cost  more money but are well worth the investment. Tieing it down with
plastic milk  jugs partially filled with water also eliminates bungees breaking
loose and  flapping around in the wind doing damage to your hull.

Rummy