[Rhodes22-list] Total Weight of Boat & Trailer

mputnam1 at aol.com mputnam1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 20 11:46:52 EDT 2006

Sorry if I somehow missed this in the exchange about trailering the R-22, but if I were to ever decide to buy a trailer and a tow vehicle, can anyone confirm that the total weight is somewhere between 4,000-5,000 pounds?  I'm assuming a two-axl trailer, 4-cycle engine, marine head, and two batteries (I'm trying to think of the heaviest extra items on the boat) and assorted gear inside the boat.  I found a couple emails in the archives -- one saying 4400, another saying between 4-5,000 lbs.  There may be other emails somewhere in the archives that I can't find ...

And where would one go to tow the boat on a trailer to get an exact weight?  A landfill scale?  Just wondering ... I'm thinking I might rent a tow vehicle to get the exact weight before committing to buying a specific truck.  Although it may be years before I got around to this ... I like my year round wet slip ...

Thanks ... as always, I appreciate the advice,

- Mark