[Rhodes22-list] evaluating the used boat

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 12:58:10 EDT 2006

I just remember that my truck also has cross-drilled/slotted rotors with metalic pads.

  I did that when towing my trailer around the Carolinas and overheating the brakes to the point that the rotors warped.

  The cross-drilled/slotted rotors seem to keep cool, and I can stop a heck of a lot faster than I used to.

  In addition, I installed a multiple spark ignition system (MSD) with a high-voltage coil, low resistance wires, and I also installed a low resistance K&N air fiter.

  The exaust system has also been modified with bigger pipes and low resitance muffler.

  I guess I do not have a regular 6 cyl.

  Luis

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
  Chet,
The towing capacity of a vehicle has more to do with than just the size of
the engine and the tranny type. Other considerations are tire size and weight
rating, cooling capacity, rear axle rating and gear ratio and brake size/type
and stopping ability.

Rummy