[Rhodes22-list] pre traveller-bar rigging

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Oct 20 17:30:48 EDT 2006

Rob & Patrick,

I have attached a photo of how the traveler is rigged on my '81.  It appears
that the later rigging has an additional pair of shackle loops, lower on the
backstays, just above the stern railing.  This forms the horizontal "lower"
attachment for the traveler.  Maybe you can add a pair of blocks to the
backstays using wire rope clamps or something similar.  I added a topping
lift to hold the boom up until the main is raised.  Once under sail, the
topping lift is set slack.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)