[Rhodes22-list] Political:Off to Iraq

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Oct 25 13:30:44 EDT 2006

THANK you Lt Colonel! For the post below, the sentiments, and more.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> 3drecon at comcast.net 10/25/2006 9:42:25 am >>>
Brad,
    The point Ron made about the soldier casualties is a common complaint.  What they cannot explain is why the reenlistment and extension rate is higher for those who have gone to the "sandbox" than in the general population.  Everyone, (I say again) Everyone, in the military to-day is a volunteer.  No one, at this point in time, can say they didn't expect to go to war (that might have been an argument in 2001 but not now, an argument for which I have little sympathy.  The military is not here for social benefit but for fighting).

LTC Philip Esteban