[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Pat Tillman's Brother Speaks

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Oct 25 13:32:48 EDT 2006

Sorry Bill, you only get to speak for yourself, you don't speak for
"We".

Some of us know why we are there. Some of us know what we're trying to
do. Just because you don't, does not mean you speak for all.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> bill at effros.com 10/25/2006 10:19:26 am >>>
Hank,

Most of the people fighting us right now are Iraqis.

Wait...This just in from our President:

"Americans have no intention of taking sides in a sectarian struggle or

standing in the crossfire between rival factions."

Hank,

We're going to cut and run.  Not because I advocate it, because I
don't.  But we're going to cut and run.  No matter who is President or

who controls congress.  We haven't the slightest idea of why we are
there, or what we are trying to do.  More Americans have been killed in

Iraq since 9/11 than died in the United States on 9/11.

If the strategy is to keep Americans from being killed by radical
Islamists, it's backfiring.

Bill Effros

Hank wrote:
> Bill,
>
> We did not go to Iraq to fight extremist Islam.  Extremist Islam,
most of
> them non-iraqis, came to Iraq to fight us.  They picked the fight,
now
> what
> do we do?  Run, because we got our nose bloodied?  I sure hope not.
>
> Hank
>
> On 10/25/06, Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hank,
>>
>> Neither of us has taken a poll of personnel who are currently on
active
>> duty.  For every returning soldier who supports your views, I can
find
>> another who does not.  Their opinions are entirely beside the
point.

>> Now we are in Iraq to fight extremist Islam?  We have placed our
>> soldiers in the middle of a religious civil war.  There are extreme
>> Islamists on both sides, and both sides are shooting at our kids
when we
>> get in the way.   What constitutes a "win"?  Is it a "win" because
>> everyone we kill (including civilians) is an Islamist?
>>
>> Be very careful how you answer.  There are more practicing Islamists
in
>> the world today than there are practicing Christians.  Do you
really
>> think we have enough technology to be able to kill them all?  If
Iraq is

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday/

>> killed
>> has