[Rhodes22-list] Political:Off to Iraq re: Dave

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 17:26:05 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/26/2006 9:16:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
flybrad at gmail.com writes:

Remember, "Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only  because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their  behalf."

Brad,

Regarding “read between the lines”: In my experience reading between the
lines applies to poetry and fiction - perhaps that’s were you’re experience
is.  But in the real world, if I wanted to say the men and women in the  service
were to dumb to get jobs in the private sector I would have said it  plainly.
 I didn’t say it, I didn’t infer it, and I didn’t think it.   You might well
served if you learned to read the English language as it’s  presented and
curb your imaginative paranoid tendencies.

As to Remember, "Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only
because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Who protects the good people from the rough men?  Oh yeah, there is  that
problem, and there is no free lunch.  Good people have to protect  themselves,
and we’re quite capable of doing that.  I don’t need any rough  man to do
violence on my behalf, thank you, and I suspect that applies to  everyone else on
this list.

Dave