[Rhodes22-list] Parenting and children (and grandchildren).

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri Oct 27 17:16:21 EDT 2006

I have a few truisms about g-kids. As a side note, I have 3 grandchildren of my own (from 2 of my 4 daughters), and 2 more through a stepson; also my 3 year old granddaughter and her mother live with my wife and I.

Grandkids are God's reward for not killing your children.
Grandkids are an opportunity to "get back" at your kids for ... everything
But, more than anything, they're a reward and blessing in your old age - an opportunity share in most of the fun of child-rearing, with almost none of the responsibilities.
Most of all, it's so much fun to be able stop saying "eat your food before you have to desert" and trade it for "Here, take this, just don't tell your mother".

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> R22RumRunner at aol.com 10/27/2006 4:03:54 pm >>>
Brad,
Parenting and having children is highly overrated. If I'd known that grand
children were this much fun, I would have skipped having children first and
just  on to grand children.

Rummy