[Rhodes22-list] Grammar

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 13:16:50 EDT 2006

elle

With luck I'll remember your correction, then you will have
taught this old dog a new trick!  :-)

joe/hadz

http://www.hfac.uh.edu/English/classes/GU4322/items/irregardless.html

> I fear that since somemany use it, it may one day be
> considered correct; along with the most evil of all
> phrases
> "very unique"!
>

> joe/hadz
>

> --- Philip <3drecon at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > It's object and direct object et al. The Dative,
> > Accusative, Nominative and
> > Genitive exist in German too (". . . in den Wagen"
> (acc)
> > or ". . . auf dem
> > Tisch" (dat) (in the car or on the table)). Since we
> > don't parse the
> > grammar that way anymore, nothing sounds strange to
> > anyone and people add
> > things to sound important. It is the same with the word
> > irregardless. I
> > knew an Australian fellow who used it incessantly. I
> > tried to correct him
> > and he insisted it was a legitimate word. I defied him
> > to look it up and
> > show me but he never would.
> >
> > Philip

> www.rhodes22.org/list

> Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low  PC-to-Phone
> call rates.
> www.rhodes22.org/list

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow