[Rhodes22-list] going sailing

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Oct 28 18:38:18 EDT 2006

Hadz,
Currently I am without plane and something called a pilots license. But,
that is all going to change in the near future. I begin my pilot training the
day before elections and will work hard to get my license quickly. I've already
talked the admiral into purchasing a plane. She likes the idea of getting to
Myrtle Beach faster. It's four and a half hours by car and a little more than
an  hour in a plane. I guess drinking while flying is considered to be bad
form.  :)
We have the same problems with the wind today. Temps were nice near 70, but
right now the winds are out of the west at 18. I spent the day working on my
R22  trailer and getting ready to pull the Shucks boat out of the water. Now if
the  winds would just subside, I might be able to get the boat on the
trailer. If  not, I'm going sailing.
My open invitation for anyone to come and visit and go sailing this winter
is still open (bring rum).
Ed finally got his new boat (O'day 26) launched this week and he's  adjusting
the rigging and finishing a few projects to make her sailable. If you
haven't seen an O'Day 26 out of the water, she's a great looking hull. I can't  wait
for the maiden sail. He wants to name her "Tootles", but I'm not sold on  the
name.
We had a good day of rain Friday, but the lake is still down eight feet. I
guess that hurricane we were wishing for to fill the lake isn't happening this
year.

Rummy