[Rhodes22-list] How to reduce your apparent stupidity (macintoshonly)

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 17:21:43 EDT 2006

Leland,

You are right about the "N" & "D;" a quick Google
turned up 'the rest of the story ;   ^):
>The crow's-foot has an ancient history as a symbol of
death and >despair--it looks like somebody spreading
his hands in a gesture of >defeat. The symbol is shown
in a 1955 tome called The Book of Signs >by Rudolph
Koch, a German calligrapher, although it's unclear
>whether Holtom saw it there.

>The circle, finally, can mean "eternity," "the unborn
child," and so on. >From this you can no doubt cook up
a suitably apocalyptic >interpretation of the symbol
as a whole.

Very interesting...

I was not familiar with the GOLF 'meaning; Acronym
Finder ranks that meaning as lowest on its scale (more
of an urban legend)...there are five other 'meanings'
if golf is to be construed as an acronym.

elle

www.rhodes22.org/list