[Rhodes22-list] new to rhodes

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 23:09:54 EDT 2006

Bill,

You'll learn to regret the rapid response on this list but you'll figure
that out later.  Center Hill is one of my all time favorite lakes, second to
Dale Hollow on the KY/TN border for water skiing - lots of coves for glassy
water and privacy.  What works for rowing, houseboating, and skiing doesn't
work so well for sailing. However, comma, if there is a sailboat that will
perform optimally on those waters, the R-22 would be the one.

Are you moving to Middle Tennessee?  I owned a farm outside of Franklin
(south of Nashville) in a community called Leipers Fork.  It is now a haven
for song writers, artists, and performers.  I try not to think about it
because it depresses me I sold the place.

The Tennessee River has (someone help me here) seven lakes throughout its
course.  My lake, Pickwick, is probably the worst one for sailing.  The
water is much wider at Muscle Shoals.  Kentucky Lake is home for a Fall
Rhodes-22 meeting and is an excellent sailing lake.

You can't go wrong living in Tennessee anywhere east of the Tennessee
River.  West of that is Mississippi Delta territory and that is a whole
different story.

Brad