[Rhodes22-list] new to rhodes

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Oct 29 07:47:32 EST 2006

Bill,
Stan offers a wide variety of options because of owners requests over the
years. Try to envision what your use of the boat will be and what basic
equipment you will need to accomplish it. There are all sorts of electronics
available, but my experience is that the more crap you have on the boat, the  less
time you actually spend sailing it. These things are nice when they work,  but a
real pain when you are trying to fix them.
Ventilation is really important if you plan to overnight on the boat, even
up north in the summer. I live on the lake where I sail, so I spend very few
nights on the boat, opting for the comfort of an air conditioned house.
Porta potties are simple and seldom break. Marine heads have a lot of
issues. Front opening ports do not leak if the seals are kept clean (wipe with a
damp cloth). Stan has covers for them and they keep most of the rain water out.
As Ed said, just wipe it dry with a rag.
The R22 is a great boat and I know you will enjoy yours. Welcome to the
Rhodes community and don't hesitate to ask a lot of questions. Perhaps it would
get us off political topics. Or not.

Rummy
SV Rum Runner
Lake Hartwell, SC

P.S. Mt Gay rum is the preferred Rhodes 22  beverage.