[Rhodes22-list] new to rhodes

anima13 anima13 at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 29 07:07:46 EST 2006

Bill,

Rummy is right. I think these engineer kinda guys over-do the technical
stuff.
Yet, I sail lakes, not coastal waters with tides.
I did not have depth or speed on my Rhodes. I was too adverse to a hole in
my boat.
An old boyfriend wanted to buy me that for Christmas but I refused. No holes
in my
Rhodes! I never had water in the bilge. I memorized the charts for our 50
miles of
lake here. I have touched bottom but the centerboard came up. You can sense
that the
board is up.

I also agree with Rummy that the porta potty is fine. I had my heart set on
a marine
head at first cuz I knew my good friend (girl) would never come to my boat
without a
real head. However, porta, or, Portia, as I called her, was fine. Makes for
more room
in the boat.
If you can afford the pop-top cover, it is a dandy thing. get lots of
screens.
Really, here in HOT country, you might just want all acreens with fishing
weights.
I heard about that idea here on the list and always like it the best.

Anne

PS My offer to come race with us stands. Plus, they have a ASA sailing
school here.
In 4 days you can have basic keelboat and Intracoastal Cruising
certifications.
HOWEVER, 1 day of racing is equivalent to 3 days of lessons when you
evaluate your
ability to integrate new sailing techniques. ??grammar?? Sorry
Anne