[Rhodes22-list] How to reduce your apparentstupidity(macintoshonly)

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 07:51:33 EST 2006

During the 80s and early 90s I was employed as Sales Manager at the only
Apple Dealer in East TN. We had a virtual monopoly on sales and service for
about 5 years! Those were the days!

Back then I could never understand why anyone would want a DOS machine. We
also sold Compaq and IBM but our own internal network was an old AppleTalk
network. Our main business customers were schools, print shops, page layout,
design and marketing applications. The prices were crazy high for things
like floppy drives Video Cards, RAM, Hard Drive, Bernouilli (sp?) drives,
scanners and so on. I got pretty good at "cracking" the old Mac in the box
case to add SIMMs.

I have owned a Plus, SE, SE 30. CI, Quadras but then I left my old job. My
new job provided Windows Laptop. I have been using Windows PCs since 95.
With OS 10 I have consider a Mac purchase for next home unit. Who knows
maybe I will make the switch back.

Wally