[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Reply to Dave's verbosity

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Mon Oct 30 01:04:01 EST 2006

Ed,

I apologize for the verbosity, but it's been hard to keep you  focused.
You'll recall that Hank started this thread and you picked it up  and pursued it.
You started by confusing law and religion, then you  confused physicians and
hospitals, and finally wound up at your favorite  Indian restaurant - that's
quite a span of topics to keep tying back to the  subject of the thread which
was the "right" of a pharmacist, physician, or cab  driver, to deny service.
It took a lot of words to try to keep you on  topic (and way too much of my
time).

Regarding the unusually high tide: I did not evaluate the relative  positions
of the sun and the moon carefully allowing for the effect of the  wind.
Instead, I and the other sailors on the pier simply noted it was an  unusually
high tide.  For our purposes that was good enough.  We've  had some really
dramatic weather.

Dave