[Rhodes22-list] Chet: Learn to Sail

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 03:41:03 EST 2006

Hi Chet

Depending upon how fast you wish to take your lesson, you
may have a little difficulty a this time of year. One
option is to take a "sailing vacation" this Winter.

You could look at Offshore sailing school in Florida
(http://www.offshore-sailing.com/), or for one of those fun
in sun resorts in the Caribbean, BVI, or US VI.  Most offer
introduction to sailing classes (Sandals, SunSail).  There
is also http://www.tidesinn.com/ in VA which may still
offer lessons through November.

Otherwise remember this time of year the winds are
stronger, there are fewer people out on the water to assist
if you get into trouble, and colder water temps mean
shorter survival time if you end up in the water.

joe/hadz