[Rhodes22-list] anchor off the stern

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 06:23:20 EST 2006

Hello Art & Bill

Is there a specific advantage of droping anchor off the
stern rather than the bow?  My sailing experience is mostly
on the Chesapeake, Long Island Sound, Bays in RI, and
Rivers off the Chesapeake.  I like the bow pointing into
the wind on rough nights.

Does sailing on a lake make the difference?

thanks

joe/hadz.