[Rhodes22-list] anchor off the stern (LIS)

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Oct 31 15:04:15 EST 2006

Hank,

I probably should adjust my fingers to type what I really meant - that "EVEN
THOUGH the water is shallow, one must let out quite a bit of line to
maintain rules of scope."   I have learned the hard way that more scope is
generally required than one might think, especially with the wave action
near the beach.  Because of the increased scope to combat the waves, it is
common practice to limit movement with an anchor set astern.

Mike