[Rhodes22-list] The weather and global warming.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 08:14:33 EDT 2007

We set a new cold record for Anderson, SC for this date with 27 degrees. It
looks like it will gradually get warm again by the end of the week.
Global warming is caused by many factors, not just emissions and the amount
of carbon dioxide we put into the atmosphere. I spend a lot of time walking
industrial and commercial roofs and I can tell you for a fact that these
structures hold a lot of heat that is slowly released after the sun goes down.  Add
to that the concrete in our highways and the blacktop roads and these all
absorb and release heat slowly. We have created cities with their own micro
climates. If these areas were simply dirt, grass and trees, they wouldn't hold
as much heat and we wouldn't have the problem.
The roofing systems I recommend and install today are all brilliantly white
and reflect the suns rays and helps to reduce the A/C load on a building by as
 much as 35%. Not only do the buildings stay cooler, but the A/C units
actually  run 35% less which means they last longer and the savings in electricity
in  substantial.
It will take a lot of effort in a wide variety of areas to fix this  problem.
Emissions are just one part of the puzzle.
Hoppy Easter everyone.

Rummy