[Rhodes22-list] For John Lock's Eyes

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Apr 9 17:10:27 EDT 2007

At 04:56 PM 4/8/2007 -0700, john Belanger wrote:
>some pics  john, please.

OK... see attached.

Photo #1 is the cabin top from the inside.  On the right is a post
that is acting as a compression post directly under the mast.  Just
to the left of that you can see where the VHF antenna lead comes
in.  6 inches more to the left you see the wires in question.  Closer
inspection revealed some screws holes that have been filled in a
square pattern around the wires.  So I'm guessing there used to be a
dome light there.  I need to put a meter on it to confirm.

Photo #2 is the exterior cabin top.  You can see that the two forward
ports have been glassed over and there is only a single small
hatch.  The cut-outs for the ports are still visible inside, so it
shouldn't be too difficult to use some creative hackery to saw the
openings out again and install some new ports.  Stan recommends fixed
ports, but I'm inclined to think opening ports.  Any opinions?

I don't think it will be practical to rebuild the cabin top to accept
the two large opening ports (as newer models are equipped).  But then
again, I don't know much about how that's constructed so maybe I'm
just chicken.

But it looks like a pair of dorade boxes on either side of the hatch
might be helpful.  Maybe even a couple of solar powered fans to help
things along during the day?

Cheers!

John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22