[Rhodes22-list] Sailboat broach, capsize, rescue in SF bay

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:56:11 EDT 2007

Hank,

Alex is going to be on the Morganthou for two months at a time and his
assignment is only going to be ten months before tech school.  He wants to
be assigned to the West Coast after school but we'll have to wait.  I'm the
one driving the idea of living on a boat.  I made both of my boys a deal
that I'd give them $10K if they made it to age 26 unmarried with no kids.
So far, both are going to collect.  I hope he gets San Diego as a permanent
assignment.  You bet I got the dough ready for a down payment on a boat.
That is how I got into sailing.  His mother was dating a guy that lived on a
boat in SD and I spent the afternoon with him and got hooked.  Anywhere on
the West Coast is nice, just too expensive and too many silly people.

Brad