[Rhodes22-list] Battteries

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Apr 12 12:36:10 EDT 2007

Bob,

Stay away from this complexity.  It's simply not needed in our boats.
Nobody runs out of power on our boats.  The golf cart batteries don't
fit anywhere.

If you are worried about this, get an outboard with electric
start/generator.  If your battery runs out, you pull the starter cord,
start your motor, and it will provide you with enough electricity to
power your running lights.  That's all you need.  If it's daytime, you
don't need any power at all.

When a golf cart battery is dead a golf cart can't move.  Not so a sailboat.

Your car doesn't have 2 golf cart batteries wired in series.  Why not?

The biggest draw most of us put on our batteries is the stereo system.

I'm done.

Bill Effros