[Rhodes22-list] For whom the parts toll, reply to Elle

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 12:11:16 EDT 2007

Oh, Ed,

I learned really quickly two things...that Stan needs
no one to step in front of him. If he would like me to
do it, then he will ask. But no one can write as he
does with the wit when you least expect it. Surely you
know that 'voice' is one of the most important aspects
of literature. Reading a missive as the owner's manual
is great fun...until the 'klunk' one would get if
anyone other than the Commodore were to add to it.He's
already written it oout...all he has to do not is
print it. (Meme ot STan...just say the word...your
command is my wish...if you'll so something about this
toilet that has mysteriously appeared....;^)

Second, Ed., you are really good at volunteering
others to do things. So volunteer YOURSELF to do it.
You have nothing better to do than complain that
things are not to your liking, so here is a start.

I have to go cut some mats & frame some
pix...(productive work that pays $$$ ) & get a toilet
off my porch...

elle

--- Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

> Elle:
>
> 	You said that Stan should, “At the risk of
> repeating what may have gone
> before....type up this info in your inimitable style
> & insert in your
> owner's manual & also post it prominently on your
> web site.�
>
> 	You have been to Edenton and visited General Boats.
>  Did you notice any
> secretary to do Stan’s typing?  The lady in the
> other office, that is the
> President of General Boats keeps the books, tries
> her best to keep paperwork
> in order and keep Stan from sinking the boat.  Yes,
> something needs to be
> typed up.  Could you type up a copy and email it to
> Stan for his o.k.?
>
>  	Then foreword that copy to Will to post on the web
> site.  Do not send to
> Michael Meltzer because he thinks that young fellow
> in Edenton should handle
> these details.
>
> 	General Boats defines the meaning of Mom and Pop
> business.  It is not
> Catalina, Hunter, et. al.
>
> Ed K
> Greenville, SC, USA
> Addendum:  “Cruising sailors should be able to go
> fast when desired, have
> sails that hold their shape to give them enough
> weatherliness to claw off a
> lee shore, and go in safety whatever the weather.�
>  Tom Whidden
>

> elle wrote:
> >
> > Stan,
> >
> > At the risk of repeating what may have gone
> > before....type up this info in your inimitable
> style &
> > insert in your owner's manual & also post it
> > prominently on your web site.
> >
> > Newbies need to be informed & oldies may need to
> be
> > reminded....
> >
> > It certainly is easier ordering through you than
> going
> > in circles trying to determine just which is the
> > correct whatever for that particular boat.
> >
> > If you think this is worthless info I'll just
> flush it
> > down the nice new toilet that appeared on my
> doorstep
> > yesterday....;^)
> >
> > I really do prefer flowers....;^)
> >
> > elle
> >

> > --- stan <stan at rhodes22.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Ed's off line missives have prompted this
> reminder
> >> (an off line joke)
> >>
> >> Rhodies keep expressing concern over the
> longevity
> >> issue of their company.  One of the parts that
> >> helps, are parts sales. So when Bob needs windows
> >> and Hank sends him to Beckson, that's not one of
> the
> >> longevity pills.
> >>
> >> The buyer may be getting the wrong window because
> >> they have changed over the model years.
> >>
> >> The spigot undoubtedly will be wrong since they
> are
> >> custom cut for us.

> [...]
www.rhodes22.org/list

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Water Music"   (Lady in Red)