[Rhodes22-list] Battteries

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 10:15:25 EDT 2007

Brad,

If I ever leave for extended cruising I will need to do some reading and
will look into the book you mention. I have 2 close friends (both sail) who
have cabins/homes that are 100% solar and genrator powered. One buddy has
been doing it for over 20 years. He has a small cabin in the foothills he
uses as second home and commercial blueberry farm. Photo attached. He has
sisterns for rainwater collection and propane for heat. He even has a wood
fired hot tub.

I also have another firiend who is married and has 2 kids. They are totally
off the grid. The primary residence is 100% 12 volt. So I have some good
sources. Both swear by Trojan batteries. Room is not an issue so they use 12
volt. I don't know all of the details but it works well for them.

Wally