[Rhodes22-list] Email etiquette question for Ed K - Reply to Bob

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 13:43:45 EDT 2007

Hello Bob

Thank you for you reply to Mr. Ed.  I was a little
purplexed also.

happy Thursday

--- bobmellor <rhmello at aol.com> wrote:

> I am purplexed...
>
> Ed K wrote:
> "Joseph Hadzima:
> >From your reply on this subject I gather that you know
> something about
> computers.  Because bad computer manners are rampent does
> not mean that is
> the correct way.  If you look above you will notice that
> I changed the
> subject line.  Come on man, show the others how to do
> things right.  Ask
> Bill Effros what is the correct procedure."
>
> The thread began with an initial post from Brad titled
> "computer
> question"....  The position of Joes reply in the thread
> indicates he is
> replying directly to Brads initial post titled "computer
> question".
>
> "Re" is an abbreviated form of the Latin "in re", which,
> "re" being the
> ablative case of "res" (thing), means "concerning" or "in
> the matter of".)
> -- source www.about.com
>
> thus "Re: computer question" further clarifies that Joe's
> reply is
> concerning the "computer question" posted by Brad.
>
> I can understand modification of the subject line when
> straying off topic or
> if the thread position is not sequential to the intended
> post , but why in
> Joe"s case?
>
> Bob M

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"Did you know...that when you walk past a flower, whether it be in
somebody's garden or on a vacant hillside, the flower will always
smile at you. The most polite way to respond, I've been told, is
to cheerfully return the smile."
--Ron Atchison