[Rhodes22-list] Elle's continuing saga...

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 21:19:35 EDT 2007

Mike,

My neighbor must have read your reply as she called
just a few minutes later to ask if I'd like to go
sail...(duh...let me think...;^)

We stayed in the creek (around here what I'd call a
river they call a 'creek' ) & played around with
various points of sail & got familiar with the lines,
etc. We took several lazy tacks across the creek to
see which tack it likes better....What a beautiful way
to spend an evening.

We even got to try the 'built-in depth sounder"....!!
Works as advertised!

elle

--- "Michael D. Weisner" <mweisner at ebsmed.com> wrote:

> Elle,
>
> All this time, I thought that I had missed something
> when I read Ed's replies and failed to understand
> his ire or ranting.
>
> As usual, you have voiced your opinion (and probably
> that of many) in a most effective manner.  It is
> precisely this free exchange of ideas that causes
> this list to work and live on.  Most lists do not
> have such lively content.  I tip my hat to you for
> your efforts to take Ed to task and to Ed for his
> tireless efforts to annoy people, breathing life
> into da list.
>
> Go for a sail or just play on your new toy - it will
> make you feel even better than yelling at Ed, I
> hope.
>
> They are predicting 70's for NY/LI area this
> weekend.  We hope to get a little wet.
>
> Mike
> s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
>      Nissequogue, NY
>

> From: elle Friday, April 20, 2007 4:48 PM
>
> Ed,
>
> You need to
> 1) Understand the question being asked
> 2) Not treat the questioner like an idiot because
> they
> have the audacity to ask something you find to be
> simple.
>
> You are an interesting case. One can never win with
> you. If a question is posted to the list you say the
> Commodore has the answer...if  one dares to imply
> they
> have inquired of ss you get all bent & rant that he
> is
> too busy to answer our little inquiries.
>
> Having been a boat owner for over 10 years I am well
> aware of the availability of various commercial
> devices to achieve certain results. However, I also
> achieve a certain satisfaction by keeping my $$ and
> coming up with an elegant yet simple solution.
> Hence,
> 'da list.' You have all been there before me and
> most
> likely have encountered and solved the very
> situations
> I am now experiencing.  I like to solve my own
> problems but why not listen to what others have
> done...Let the brain cells live for another day..;^)
>

> If you feel put upon...don't answer.
>
> Now...one more time. Crossing the outboard stern
> line
> over to port has nothing to do with chafe. The
> engine
> is in the way. Period. No big deal. Got several
> variations on a solution & will try them.
>
> Don't let the bungee snap you in the b..t on the way
> out...
>
> elle
>

> --- Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:
>

> > Elle:
> >
> > You need to learn how to ask questions that can be
> > answered with ‘yes or
> > no’.
> >
> > You asked, “Does anyone have the Tohatsu w/
> the
> > device that connects to the
> > rudder??�  There are many of us who have
> [...]
www.rhodes22.org/list

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Water Music"   (Lady in Red)