[Rhodes22-list] How to handle gusty winds?

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Sun Apr 22 19:48:24 EDT 2007

Rummy,

Lake sailing and small bay sailing.  I guess because I never read about this effect, I assumed it was just my imagination.  The wind in my small bay off the Chesapeake never consistently blows in the exact same direction, but it does blow consistently inconsistent in the same areas.

Thanks for the info!

Lee

John,
You will also find that wind will bend when it gets closer to land, often
allowing you to tack higher and gain more ground than usual. Just one of the
tricks you learn from lake sailing.

Rummy

contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.