[Rhodes22-list] Drunken 'Lady'

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Sun Apr 29 23:10:10 EDT 2007

"Arthur H. Czerwonky" wrote:
> Robert,
> The 4" PVC with end caps is an excellent idea,
> never heard of it before.  How have you fitted
> to the rail. Thanks.
> Art

Art, I cannot take credit for the PVC idea.  It was
in "Sail" magazine a while back.  The details:

Butane and propane tanks will fit inside a 4" PVC pipe.

Depending on your requirements, you can make it either
for one or two tanks.  The bottom end cap is cemented
in place, and has holes to allow any leaking gas to
escape.  The top cap is just set in place, and keeps
the rain, gull crap, etc, out of it.  You could make
it fast, but it has not proved necessary so far.

On the Rhodes, it can easily be secured to the stern
railing.  The simplest way is one hose clamp around
the railing passing thru another clamp encircling the
PVC.  One such rig at the top, and another at the
bottom.  Each skipper will have his/her own choice of
location.

Hope this helps.  If it is unclear, let me know.

/Robert