[Rhodes22-list] honking hook

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Mar 9 16:47:47 EST 2007

John,

     What year is your boat?  How many owners have fixed, rebuilt and added?
On the positive side you know the words plastic and phenolic.  When you want
a secure attachment it should be marine plywood or metal, preferably
stainless steel, usually 316.  Furthermore, insure that all shackles,
eyebolts, U-bolts, cleats, etc. have a backing plate, preferably stainless
steel, usually 316, but at least solid wood or marine plywood.

As you proceed, remember a few things.  It is an old boat, while I have been
on it and it was known to be a good boat, do things with caution.  Initially
do not assume anything until you can remember that you have personally
checked it before.  Even then some things are best checked every time, the
term safety applies.

You do not need to replace this at this time, unless you have strong desire
to do so.  Most other Rhodes 22 do not have anything else there.  You could
put an anchor guide there.  Maybe a windlass back a little.

So are you going to name it Remus?  http://www.uncleremus.com/initiates.html

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  http://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1|10391&id=29596